Friday, January 24, 2014

They Said It quiz


They Said It

What 1960’s singer or group had the following lyrics in a song of theirs.

 

1.        He went and named me Sue.

2.       This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

3.       I like the way you walk I like the way you talk, Susie Q.

4.       So build me up Buttercup, don't break my heart.

5.       Got to be a joker he just do what he please.

6.       Ain't it beautiful crystal blue persuasion.

7.       I'm so dizzy, my head is spinnin'.

8.       How can people be so heartless.

9.       Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'.

10.   You got me going in circles.

11.   Good morning starshine.

12.   I'm hairynoon an nighty night night.

13.   Give me, give me, give me the honky tonk blues.

14.   It's your thing, do what you wanna do.

15.   I heard it through the grapevine.

16.   A poor little baby child is born in the ghetto.

17.   It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini.

18.   Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed.

19.   Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town.

20.   Polk salad Annie 'Gators got you granny.

21.   Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin.

22.   Reachin' out, touchin' me touchin' you.

23.   Just call me angel of the morning ANGEL.

24.   We were born, born to be wild.

25.   Do you know the way to San Jose?

26.   Hello, I love you, Won't you tell me your name?

27.   I say a little prayer for you.

28.   God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson.

29.   Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo- Be-Doo-Da-Day.

30.   Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

Answers

1.       Johnny Cash (A Boy Named Sue)

2.       The 5th Dimension (Aquarius Let The SunShine In)

3.       Creedence Clearwater Revival (Susie Q)

4.       Foundations (Build Me Up Buttercup)

5.       The Beatles (Come Together)

6.       Tommy James and The Shondells (Crimson and Clover)

7.       Tommy Roe (Dizzy)

8.       Three Dog Night (East To Be Hard)

9.       Glen Campbell (Galveston)

10.   The Friends of Distinction (Going In Circles)

11.   Oliver (Good Morning Starshine)

12.   Cowsills (Hair)

13.   The Rolling Stones (Honky Tonk Women)

14.   Isley Brothers (It’s Your Thing)

15.   Marvin Gaye (I Heard It Through The Grapevine)

16.   Elvis Presley (In The Ghetto)

17.   Brian Hyland (Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-dot Bikini)

18.   Bob Dylan (Lay, Lady, Lay)

19.   Kenny Rogers (Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town)

20.   Tony Joe White (Polk Salad Annie)

21.   Blood, Sweat and tears (Spinning Wheel)

22.   Neil Diamond (Sweet Caroline)

23.   Merrilee Rush (Angel of The Morning)

24.   Steppenwolf (Born To Be Wild)

25.   Dionne Warwick (Do You Know The Way To San Jose?)

26.   The Doors (Hello I Love You)

27.   Aretha Franklin (I Say A Little Prayer)

28.   Simon and Garfunkel (Mrs. Robinson)

29.   Stevie Wonder (Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo- Be-Doo-Da-Day)

30.   Ohio Express (Yummy Yummy Yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment